Receiving the designation as a Governor's Sterling Award recipient was an incredible honor for our team. However, greater than the honor itself is the "magic" we saw occur in our organization as we worked towards our vision of becoming, "A passionate, talented, and caring TEAM united in the relentless pursuit of excellence in our people, services, and community."
While the strategic planning, performance measures, and focused priorities were critical to us receiving this designation, the ingredient that really took our organization to the next level was a focus on culture and a review of the best practices of other organizations.
We truly share this recognition with those organizations who opened up and willingly shared their best practices and lessons learned with us. We want to honor them, by sharing all that we learned along the way with other organizations looking to improve.
Who We Are
Hire, retain, and celebrate talent.
- WCTC Hiring Process White Paper
- Onboarding Process
- Awards & Recogition Programs
- Peer to Peer Recognition
Maintain humility despite success.
As mentioned, our success would not have been possible without studying the best practices of other organizations. We are incredibly thankful and forever indebted to the following organizations for helping us in our journey. We provide you with links to these organizations so that you might learn more from them yourself. We've identified in parenthesis the specific area in which we gained knowledge and insight from these organizations.
- Chick-fil-A (Customer Service and Team Member Training)
- Zappos (Culture and Hiring Practices)
- Publix (Customer Service)
- Legendary, Inc. (Customer Experience)
- City of Tallahassee (Customer Service)
- Hillsborough County Tax Collector's Office (Comparative Data and Industry Best Practices)
- Manatee County Tax Collector's Office (Comparative Data and Industry Best Practices)
- Pinellas County Tax Collector's Office (Comparative Data and Industry Best Practices)
Be truthful in all our conversations.
Embrace challenges and change.
Priority Focus Project Team Expectations
- Best Practices Team
- Technology Team
- Employee Engagement Team
- Customer WOW Team
- Team Testimonial- Value #4
Relentlessly pursue improvement in ourselves and our work.
Demonstrate care for each customer and their family.
Customer WOW Initiatives
Comprise a dynamic team of family who do work and life . . . together.
Seek opportunities to serve others.
Serve Others . . . the stories
WCTC Best Practices
- Effective Use of Social Media
- Employee Engagement Through the Team Process
- ICDP & Education Budgets
- Workforce Recognition & Engagement Store
Thank you for taking the time to visit our resource page. If you still have questions or would like to learn more about our team, please feel free to contact our Sterling Lead, Lisa Henderson, Director of Operations at (850) 951-7297 or [email protected].
Learn more about the Governor's Sterling Award at FloridaSterling.com.